The same recipe we use for our very own Zesty Zucchini relish sold in the farm store!
This is a delicious family recipe that is moist and addictive!
1 1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup margarine
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup milk
2 cups grated zucchini
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
4 tbsp cocoa
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- Mix all wet ingredients (except zucchini), once all ingredients are mixed well, add cocoa and cinnamon, slowly adding flour and baking soda.
- Add grated zucchini to mixture. Grease muffin tins or bread pans and cook at 350F .
- Muffins take approx. 20-25min. and bread takes approx. 45-60 min.
With the bumper crop of zucchini that we are receiving this year, it's nice to have this delicious recipe on hand!
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup butter
2 cups of granulated sugar
3 free-range eggs
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups shredded zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time, as well as the vanilla, and beat well. Add the milk and stir.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon).
- Stir dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Add the shredded zucchini and mix until combined.
- Bake for 1 hour.
This is one of my family's favourite dishes!
1 medium zucchini
1 1/2 tsp olive oil
1 cup chopped green onions
1 minced garlic clove
1 chopped medium-sized tomato
2 tbsp whole wheat bread crumbs
1 tbsp drained capers
1/2 cup chopped basil
2 ozs soft chevre (goat cheese)
salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Cut zucchini in half, lengthwise, trim both ends. With a teaspoon, carve out the centre of each half, and reserve flesh.
- Put the zucchini shells into a small casserole dish and add 1/2 cup water. Cover dish with foil. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce heat to 350F.
- Stuffing: Heat oil in a skillet and add onions, sautee gently. Chop reserved zucchini flesh and add to pan with garlic and tomato. Cook 5 minutes. Take off heat and add rest of ingredients. Mix well and season with salt & pepper.
- Drain water from casserole dish. Fill zucchini halves with stuffing and bake 15 minutes before serving.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large yellow onion, chopped
2 pounds zucchini, sliced 1/4 in. thick
4 cups chicken broth ( I prefer homemade)
1 cup loosely packed basil leaves, washed and stemmed, plus more for garnish
2 tablespoons sour cream, plus more for garnish
Sprinkle of Kosher salt
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add zucchini and cook another 2 minutes; then add chicken broth and 1 cup basil leaves. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook 20 minutes.
- Purée the soup in batches in a blender. Add 2 tbsp. of sour cream. (if you wanted to make this a dairy-free option, use soft tofu) Season with salt to taste.
- Divide soup among bowls and garnish each with some sour cream, and a few basil leaves.
These make a nice lunch accompanied by a side of Cooper's fresh salad greens, with a bowl of soup, or just on their own!
2 lbs of scrubbed, trimmed and grated zucchini
1 tsp kosher salt
1 large red onion, finely diced
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Reggiano
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour
3 large free range eggs
1 to 2 cloves of minced garlic
pinch of nutmeg
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place grated zucchini in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with the salt. Set it aside for approximately 10 minutes to leech out excess liquid. Drain by pressing the zucchini against the side of the bowl, and pouring off the pooling liquid.
- With a fork, stir in remaining ingredients thoroughly.
- Drop heaping tbsps of zucchini mixture into a lightly oiled, hot skillet, and flatten each spoonful into small pancakes.
- Fry until golden and crispy.
- Serve with sour cream mixed with finely chopped chives, or tzatziki sauce!
This recipe comes from a long time share member of ours and sounds too delicious to pass up!
1 cup flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 to 3 cups shredded zucchini
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine flours, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the shredded zucchini.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg, sugars, yogurt, oil and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the zucchini mixture.
- Spread evenly into a greased 9" x 13" pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts, if using.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, approximately 35 to 40 minutes