These make a nice lunch accompanied by a side of Cooper's fresh salad greens, with a bowl of soup, or just on their own!
2 lbs of scrubbed, trimmed and grated zucchini
1 tsp kosher salt
1 large red onion, finely diced
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Reggiano
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour
3 large free range eggs
1 to 2 cloves of minced garlic
pinch of nutmeg
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place grated zucchini in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with the salt. Set it aside for approximately 10 minutes to leech out excess liquid. Drain by pressing the zucchini against the side of the bowl, and pouring off the pooling liquid.
- With a fork, stir in remaining ingredients thoroughly.
- Drop heaping tbsps of zucchini mixture into a lightly oiled, hot skillet, and flatten each spoonful into small pancakes.
- Fry until golden and crispy.
- Serve with sour cream mixed with finely chopped chives, or tzatziki sauce!