Cooper's own recipe!
10 cups zucchini, peeled and shredded
4 onions, chopped
2 green bell peppers, chopped
2 red bell peppers, chopped
1/4 cup pickling salt
1 tablespoon pickling salt
2 tablespoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon cumin
2 cups white vinegar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon black pepper
5 cups chopped ripe tomatoes
2 tablespoon cornstarch (I didn't use the cornstarch in mine as I didn't think it needed it.)
2 cans tomato paste (156ml)
- In a large bowl combine; zucchini, onions, green pepper, red pepper and the salt. Mix together, cover and let stand over night.
- Next day, rinse, drain well and put into a large pot. Add mustard, garlic, cumin, vinegar, brown sugar, pepper flakes, cornstarch, nutmeg, pepper, tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal.
- Water bath jars if they have not sealed properly.
- Note: If you want it "HOT" just add a dozen finely chopped jalapenos
*** Note from the Farm Kitchen****
I used 4-6 cloves of Fresh pressed garlic instead of the tablespoon of powdered.
I used 3 tablespoons (heaping) of Crushed Red Pepper flakes instead of 2 because I didn't have jalapenos. It turned out quite spicy! So Reduce/add pepper flakes depending on how spicy you like it.