6 large free range eggs
3 tbsp Parmesan Reggiano, divided
1/4 tsp coarse Kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 green onions, finely diced
1 bunch Swiss chard, centre ribs and leaves separated, both chopped
2 ozs of thinly sliced Genoa salami cut into 1/2" pieces
1 garlic clove, minced
- Whisk all the eggs, 1 1/2 tbsp cheese, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium nonstick, boilerproof skillet, over medium heat.
- Add onions and chopped chard ribs, saute until tender. Approx. 6 to 8 mins.
- Add Swiss chard leaves and toss until it begins to wilt.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. If any liquid pools in the skillet, just saute until it evaporates.
- Increase heat to medium high and add salami and garlic. Stir for 1 minute before adding egg mixture.
- Stir to distribute evenly and reduce heat to medium-low before covering with a lid and letting frittata cook until eggs are almost set, but moist in the centre (approx. 4 mins)
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 tbsp cheese and transfer frittata to broiler and cook just until set in the centre and beginning to lightly brown on edges.
- Remove from oven and using a silicone spatula, loosen the frittata around the edges and slide onto a platter.
- Serve warm or at room temperature!