The Martha Stewart Magazine
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 1/2" cubes
1 tbsp EVOO
1 1/2 cups of quartered potatoes (leave the skin of for added potassium, B6 and iron!)
2 cups fresh corn kernels
1 small leek, thinly sliced
1/2 jalapeno chili, stem, ribs and seeds removed, minced (1 tbsp)
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 tsp coarse salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp fresh marjoram (roughly chopped)
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add 2 tsp of the oil and the potatoes to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown (approx. 4 mins.). Transfer to a small bowl.
- Add remaining tsp oil, the corn, 2 tbsp leek, and the jalapeno to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally until the corn turns dark brown in spots, about 2 mins. (Some kernels may pop!)
- Add tomatoes and cook until the skin just begins to soften (approx. 1 min). Add stock, salt, pepper and reserved chicken; bring to a boil. Fold in the reserved potatoes, and sprinkle with marjoram and remaining 2 tbsp leeks.
- Place in a large serving dish and allow everyone to serve themselves!