From `The Harrow Fair Cookbook`comes a favourite recipe of author Moira Sanders and her sister!
3 cups fresh corn kernels
2 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup grated carrots
1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red bell pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
1/4 tsp chili flakes
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
1/2 cup shredded aged Canadian cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter an 8"x8" baking dish and set aside.
- Pulse the corn kernels in a food processor until they are creamy, but not smooth.
- Beat the eggs and milk together in a large bowl. Stir in the bread crumbs and set aside until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir the corn, butter, carrots, red pepper, onion, chili flakes, and salt into the bread crumb mixture. Place the mixture into the baking dish. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes and serve warm!
*It will take 4 to 5 ears of corn to make 3 cups of kernels. Once the kernels have been cut off, use the back of a knife to scrape the cobs to remove all the milky corn mush!