Bob and Chris Smith
3 cups rhubarb, chopped in 1/2" cubes
1 1/2 cups of white sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, cold and cut into 1/2" cubes
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine filling ingredients in a large saucepan over medium heat, and cook until thickened. Set aside.
- Combine the first 6 crust ingredients in a mixer and mix well. Add butter and process until mixture is crumbly.
- Pat 2/3 of the crust into a greased 8"x12" pan. Add filling. Sprinkle the remaining crumbs evenly over the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool and keep in refrigerator until ready to enjoy!