Another of Sandy's famous recipes - this is Steve's favourite way to eat rhubarb!
1 - 9" unbaked pie crust (deep dish is preferable)
4 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
1 free-range egg
1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup each of all-purpose flour and brown sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 450F.
- Press pie crust into a 9" pie pan.
- Spread rhubarb in an even manner over the bottom of the crust.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk egg, white sugar, sour cream and 1/3 cup flour until smooth. Pour over rhubarb.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup flour and brown sugar. Stir in melted butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over the top of the pie.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350F.
- Continue to bake for 40 minutes, or until edges have puffed, and topping is golden.
- The centre might be still somewhat jiggly, but once it is cooled completely it is perfect to slice and serve!