A great way to get your kids to enjoy brussels sprouts!
4 strips of bacon, cut into 1/2" pieces (vegetarian option - omit bacon)
1 onion, finely chopped
2 lbs Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved lengthwise
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans, optional
3 med. sweet potatoes (2lbs) peeled and sliced thinly and cut into half moons
1/3 cup pure maple syrup (and we sell Siloam's local maple syrup in the store!!!)
3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
Minced parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease a 2 quart souffle dish and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy. Remove and drain on a paper towel. Reduce heat to low and add onion, sauteeing until translucent.
- Add Brussels and saute, stirring frequently, until slightly soft and tinged with brown on the edges. Transfer to a bowl and add reserved bacon, salt, pepper and pecans. Add potato slices to the skillet and saute until light brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup and butter.
- Toss all ingredients together in the souffle dish and bake 20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve!