Fantastic for lunch or dinner! Pair with salads or soups.
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1 /4 cups milk
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp each of salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup finely crushed thin while wheat crackers (i.e. Wheat Thins, Breton, Stoned Wheat)
2 cups chopped broccoli florets, blanched or steamed lightly
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 cup thinly sliced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly butter a 9" deep-dish glass pie plate.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until blended. Whisk in flour, milk, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Stir in crackers and 3/4 cup of the Cheddar cheese. and pour into the prepared pie plate. Sprinkle broccoli into the filling, pressing on the florets to submerge. Arrange tomatoes cut side up on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until puffed, golden and knife inserted into centre comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.