Economical and tasty, this a great recipe that cuts the bitterness of cabbage!
1 head of red or green cabbage
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup water
2 1/2 tbsp butter
2 1/2 tbsp sugar
- Shred the entire head of cabbage and set aside. Preheat oven to 325F.
- Add vinegar, water, butter and sugar to an ovenproof Dutch oven. Heat over medium high on the stovetop until sugar dissolves.
- Add the shredded cabbage and stir to ensure all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Cover and braise in the oven for 2 hours, stirring every half an hour or so. If you find that the liquid evaporates too quickly, just add water accordingly.
- Serve with a dollop of goat's cheese on top to stir in!