2 tuna steaks, each about 5 oz
2 tbsp sesame seeds
2 heads pak choi
2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
4 tbsp water
2 lime wedges (optional - garnish)
1 red chile, chopped (optional - garnish)
- Heat a large lightly oiled non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Dip the tuna steaks into the sesame seeds, coating evenly on both sides.
- When the pan is very hot, add the steaks and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile remove the pak choi leaves from their stalks and set aside.
- Place the remaining ingredients into a bowl and mix well to make the dressing.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and set aside in a warm place.
- Put the pak choi leaves into the pan and add 4 tablespoons of cold water, return the pan to the heat and boil until the water evaporates and the pak choi is just tender.
- Place the pak choi onto serving plates and top with the tuna.
- Drizzle with the dressing and serve immediately, garnished with lime wedges and chopped fresh red chili.