I usually make this dish around Thanksgiving. It makes quite a bit so you'll have some yummy leftovers!
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp olive oil
2 large red & 2 large yellow bell peppers, cut into 1/4" wide strips
1 large red onion, thinly sliced
salt and pepper, to taste
3 lbs fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup chopped shallots
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Pour 1/2 cup oil onto a large rimmed baking sheet. Spread all peppers and sliced red onions over the pan evenly. Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat and place in oven to roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and place halved potatoes and remaining 2 tbsp oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on top of peppers (ensure cut sides are facing up).
- Place pan back in the oven and roast until potatoes are tender and beginning to turn golden, approximately 50 minutes. *This can be done 2 hrs ahead if preparing a meal in advance - just let stand at room temperature and reheat in a 425F oven for 10 minutes*
- Sprinkle chopped parsley & shallots over potatoes and roast for 5 minutes longer in oven.
- Remove and transfer to a large platter before sprinkling with chives, basil and thyme. Drizzle with vinegar and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper if necessary