This traditional Hungarian meal is simple and delicious!
1 onion, coarsely chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 large 28oz can of diced tomatoes
2 - 3 banana peppers, thickly sliced
2 - 3 green or red bell peppers, thickly sliced
1 package of smoked sausages, sliced in 1/2" rounds
Vegetable or olive oil
- Heat oil in a large skillet with a lid, over medium high heat.
- Add onions and garlic and saute for a few minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add all the peppers and saute, stirring often, for approximately 5 minutes. Add the can of tomatoes with all the juices. Stir in the sausages. Bring to a boil while stirring occasionally and then turn to medium low.
- Cook, covered, for approximately 40 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Serve alone or over boiled potatoes that have been coarsely mashed with a fork!