1 cup brown rice
2 1/4 cups vegetable broth
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
2 cloves garlic - minced
1/4 cup fresh oregano - roughly chopped (or 1 tbsp dried)
1 1/2 cups corn
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 poblano peppers - sliced in half, seeds removed
- In a large pan, add the rice, vegetable broth, cumin and coriander.
- Bring the broth to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cook for 45 minutes or according to package directions.
- Stir the green onions, garlic, oregano and corn into the pan of cooked rice.
- Add the shredded cheese, and stir until well blended and the cheese has melted.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 9 inch by 13 inch glass or ceramic baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Place the poblano peppers on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Stuff each of the poblano peppers with the rice and cheese mixture.
- Extra filling can be placed on the bottom of the casserole dish, around the stuffed peppers.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly brown on top.