This was given to me by a friend who brought it to a potluck. The whole family loved it so I demanded the recipe!
1 1/2lbs ground beef
2 medium-sized onions, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 can of tomato sauce (14oz)
14 oz water
1/2 cup long grain rice, uncooked
4 cups of shredded cabbage
- Heat oven to 350F
- In a large skillet with a lid, brown beef. Then add onions, garlic, salt, pepper and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil and stir in rice and water.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place 2 cups of cabbage in a greased 9" x 12" baking dish.
- Cover with 1/2 of the beef & rice mixture.
- Repeat the layers.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour
- Serve with sour cream.