A simple and healthy side dish perfect for summertime!
3 cups pak choi, roughly chopped
4 green onions, sliced
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons mirin or rice wine vinegar
1 pinch sugar
2 tbsp dark sesame oil
2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Steam or boil pak choi to desired doneness (we like ours to still be a bit firm).
- Drain choi in a colander and use a wooden spoon to push the choi against the sides of the colander and squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Once choi is as dry as possible, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and green onions in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add choi and toss to coat.
- Allow to chill in the fridge for one hour.
- Just before serving, add the sesame oil and sesame seeds and toss to coat. Enjoy!