1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup halved yellow cherry tomato
1 cup quartered tomatillo
1/3 cup basil vinegar
1/3 cup water
1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
6 fresh basil leaves (I have used dried, when fresh not available 1 teaspoon)
2 slices lemons, cut in tiny triangles
1 clove garlic, smashed
- Combine the tomatoes and tomatillos in a mixing bowl.
- Put the basil vinegar, water and salt in a saucepan over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Stack the basil leaves on top of each other and roll up tightly,cut into thin chiffonade.
- Add the sliced basil and the lemon to the tomato mixture, then press in the garlic.
- Pour cooled vinegar liquid over the tomatoe mixture and toss to coat.
- Marinate for 2 hours at room temperature before refrigerating. Serve chilled, as condiment or add to salad greens.