3 tbsp butter
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2lbs parsnips, peeled and diced
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/4 tsp chili powder
5 cups vegetable stock
2/3 cup light cream
- Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the chopped onion and parsnips and saute for approximately 3 minutes.
- Stir in the spices and cook for 1 minute more, or until fragrant.
- Add the stock, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Cool slightly and then puree in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Return to the pot and add the cream, heating gently.
- Put into bowls and garnish with fresh coriander...ENJOY!