3 tbsp sunflower cooking oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp onion seeds
2 large onions
2 large tomato
2 tsps coriander
1 tsp cumin powder
¾ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp red chilli powder
3 tbsp Balkan-style plain yogurt
Salt to taste
Chopped fresh coriander to garnish
- Top and tail the okra and then cut them into 1′′ pieces
- Slice the onions and cube the tomatoes
- Heat the oil in a deep pan over medium heat and add the cumin and onion seeds.
- When they stop spluttering, add the sliced onions.
- Fry till the onions are translucent and golden.
- Add the coriander, cumin, tumeric and red chili powder and stir well.