This delicious "cake" can be cut into wedges and served as a side or main course!
3 tbsp oil
2 onions, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Pinch cayenne pepper
6 eggs, beaten
- Peel potatoes. Cut in half lengthwise and thinly slice crosswise.
- In 10" nonstick oven proof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook potatoes, onions, garlic, salt, pepper and cayenne, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and onions are light golden.
- Smooth top. Pour eggs over mixture; cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, until set around edge.
- Broil, about 6" from heat, for approximately 2 minutes or until golden and eggs are completely set. Loosen edge. Let stand for 3 minutes. Invert onto plate; invert again onto another plate so top side is up.
- To ovenproof a skillet, wrap handle in heavy-duty foil!