A quick and delicious side dish!
3 tbsp EVOO
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
1/4 tsp each of salt & pepper
10 cups packed chopped kale
1 tsp grated lemon rind
1 cup canned chickpeas, drained & rinsed
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat 2 tbsp EVOO over medium heat in a large shallow Dutch oven.
- Saute onion, garlic, salt & pepper for approximately 4 mins. until softened.
- Stir in kale and lemon rind and cook, stirring for approximately 2 minutes, until slightly wilted.
- Pour in 3/4 cup of water, cover with a lid and cook stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until the kale is soft and wilted.
- Stir in chickpeas and lemon juise and cook over medium-high for a couple of minutes, or until no liquid remains.
- Drizzle with remaining oil and serve.