This makes a great dip or ravioli filling!
1 small butternut squash
5 cloves garlic, unpeeled
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp each salt & pepper
Pinch ground nutmeg
1 tbsp basil pesto
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or grease; set aside.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; scrape out seeds and membranes. Brush cut sides and garlic with oil. Arrange squash, cut side down, and garlic on prepared pans. Bake in 350F oven utnil tender, 45 to 55 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Scrape squash pulp into food processor; squeeze garlic pulp over top, discarding skins. Add Parmesan cheese, 2 tbsp of the sour cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Puree until smooth. Spoon into shallow serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, blend remaining sour cream with pesto. Using small piping bag fitted with a plain tip and starting at centre, pipe spiral on dip.
- If you don't have a piping bag, use a small resealable plastic bag with one corner snipped off!