2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
2 tsp granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
6 tbsp cold butter
3/4 cup buttermilk
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, onions, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs (I usually use my fingers instead of a knife!)
- Combine egg and buttermilk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2" apart onto a greased baking sheet (or line it with parchment paper or use a non-stick sheet).
- Bake at 400F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm alongside a soup or chili or even a salad!