24 oz beets, cooked
3.5 c flour
4 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 T cardamom
1 T cloves
2.5 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1 1/2 c sunflower oil
1 t vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350'F. Grease pan and dust with flour
- Puree the beets and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cardamom and cloves
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs until pale yellow. Gradually add the white and brown sugar. In a steady stream, add oil.
- Gradually add the beet puree and vanilla extract.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
- Pour batter into greased pan and bake for about 90 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.